Thursday, May 21, 2009

Bench Workout 5/21/09

Bench Warmup
45 x 8
75 x 5
95 x 2
105 x 1
115 x 1

Bench/Shirt
140 x 2 - With Katana 38, arms too tight
140 x 2 - with Fury 40
155 x 1
160 x 1
170 x 1

Bench/Green Bands
85 x 3
95 x 3
100 x 3

4 helped clean up:

me said...

One trick we use (plenty of powerlifters here) is to play with the speed of the routine. One week rep quickly and the next is heavy and slower. No dumbell presses to mix it up? I get a great stretch out of medium weight dumbells holding them at the bottom and contracating the chest with dumbells staying in the bottom position.

me said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adjil said...

I normally do some sort of dumbell/barbell overhead press at the end of a bench workout - just ran out of time on this day.

I like the idea of getting a stretch keeping the dumbells at the bottom - will try that tomorrow.

When I'm not so close to a meet I'll change up the speed & intensity of the routine as well. Three weeks from Saturday - its coming fast!

Anonymous said...

adjil.blogspot.com is very informative. The article is very professionally written. I enjoy reading adjil.blogspot.com every day.
vancouver payday loan
payday loan